We are actively seeking an associate commercial real estate attorney with 3+ years of experience to join our growing CRE transactions practice. You will have the opportunity to work on sophisticated and challenging transactions in collaboration with one of the region’s most sophisticated real estate-focused legal teams. You will work with family offices, institutions, lenders, and private real estate investors on a wide variety of commercial real estate matters. Currently, our team handles upwards of 100 transactions per annum across all major real estate types. The successful candidate will be a natural fit on our deal team, be able to operate effectively in a hybrid work environment, and meaningfully contribute to this practice area’s growth.
The successful candidate has demonstrated familiarity and involvement with sophisticated commercial real estate transactions.
You will work directly with senior members of our commercial real estate practice group to draft, negotiate, and finalize all manners of transaction-related deliverables involving the purchase, sale, transfer, and leasing of U.S.-based commercial property. You should be committed to embracing our collaborative culture and growing with the firm.
- At minimum, 3 years of experience working on commercial real estate transactions.
- Structuring and negotiating joint ventures and handling acquisitions and dispositions
- Excellent writing and time management skills.
- A J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school and bar admission in the jurisdiction of resident office location or where the work is performed.
- A cooperative and collaborative approach to the practice of law.
- A strong desire to excel at a growing, dynamic law firm.
- Preferred, but not required:
- Commercial finance experience.
- Proficiency in more than one language (reading/writing/conversational).
What We Provide:
We provide a collaborative, respectful and inclusive culture filled with various opportunities to grow in meaningful, professional ways. In addition to a competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and a full benefits package, we also invest in our attorneys’ professional and business development through internal and external opportunities.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Real Estate Associate” in the subject line.
A.Y. Strauss is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.