A.Y. Strauss, a sophisticated boutique law firm with a respectful culture, seeks a talented and motivated Executive Assistant for its Roseland, New Jersey office. The Executive Assistant will support both the firm’s Managing Partner and the Director of Marketing and Business Development. The successful candidate will provide administrative support and assist with a variety of key marketing and business development activities for this rapidly expanding firm. This is an excellent opportunity for professional growth. Pay is commensurate with experience and skills.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage Outlook and firm calendars; schedule Zoom and in-person meetings and conference calls.
- Input contacts and notes into the firm’s client relationship management (CRM) system and assist with follow up.
- Attend meetings and calls, take detailed notes, and record and follow up on action items.
- Collect and review matter descriptions, securing approvals from partners, and update the firm’s experience database.
- Maintain the firm’s local counsel, referrals, and business development trackers.
- Assist with preparation for events, podcasts, videos, webinars, speaking engagements, client entertainment and conferences for attorneys.
- Assist with the content management of the firm’s website, including drafting and posting content with help from an external agency.
- Work with an external agency to maintain the social media calendar, coordinate firm news and activities on LinkedIn and draft language.
- Perform select competitive research.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or several years of relevant experience as an executive level assistant, legal marketing assistant, or paralegal.
- Superior organizational and time-management skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Comfort scheduling and hosting meetings with Zoom.
- Resourceful and detail oriented.
- Self-motivated and able to complete tasks within a team or independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to maintain effective relationships with internal and external contacts.
- A minimum of 1+ year(s) of relevant work experience in a law firm or professional environment.
- Knowledge of CRM systems.
- General understanding of the legal industry. Familiarity with the commercial real estate industry is a plus.
- Previous experience as an executive assistant, legal marketing assistant, or paralegal.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
A.Y. Strauss is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.