Guide your franchise with proven expertise
If you’re interested in becoming a franchisee, or if your franchise agreement is up for renewal, or if you are in a disagreement with your franchisor, you’ll need a diligent and thorough legal team in your corner. The attorneys in the Franchising and Hospitality practice at A.Y. Strauss assist clients across the U.S. as they navigate the ins and outs of franchising, licensing, non-competes, and other agreements essential to the franchising structure. Our experienced team can help review all documentation to identify and flag potential conflicts and help you determine what’s in your best interest as a franchisee.
The Franchising and Hospitality practice at A.Y. Strauss can assist franchisees and franchisee associations with all relevant contracts and documentation, including:
• Reviewing franchise-related documents, including FDDs and franchise agreements, for prospective franchisees
• Assisting in negotiating franchise agreements for prospective franchisees
• Assisting in negotiating with franchisors on termination agreements, non-compete agreements, and buy back/sell back agreements
• Reviewing leases and other ancillary documents for prospective franchisees
• Creating corporate structure to best protect the franchisee