Aaron Y. Strauss
Aaron Y. Strauss is one of the leading legal advisors in the commercial real estate industry, providing insight and guidance for billions worth of transactions during his career. As the firm’s founder and managing partner, he has positioned A.Y. Strauss as one of the region’s most respected law firms for commercial real estate owners, lenders and sponsors, serving the needs of the firm’s clients with the utmost in care, integrity and transparency.
Aaron is responsible for establishing the firm’s long-term strategy and vision, overseeing a culture of excellence and respect that recruits, retains and supports a nationally-recognized team of attorneys and business professionals.
A dedicated dealmaker and connector, Aaron strives to identify and facilitate commercial real estate and other opportunities for clients and valued contacts. In 2021, Aaron launched The Dealmakers’ Edge with A.Y. Strauss podcast highlighting the stories, successes, and struggles behind major commercial real estate investors.
Prior to founding A.Y. Strauss, Aaron practiced for several years at an international law firm in New York, and a prominent New Jersey-based law firm.
Representative Matters and Significant Transactions
• Sale of a Florham Park development site to the New York Jets
• Purchase of 37 Toys ‘R Us Stores by Vornado Realty Trust for $171 million
• Completion of a $70 million multi-phase loan from MetLife to a regional developer
• Sale of Loehmann’s Plaza shopping center in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn
Professional and Civic Activities
• UJA in New York and New Jersey
• AIPAC Washington Club
• American Friends of the IDF and American Friends of Rabin Medical Center in Tel Aviv, Israel
• United Jewish Federation of MetroWest
• Congregation AABJ&D in West Orange
• Defining Characteristics of Consummate Dealmakers
• Streamlining the Closing Process: Rules for Managing Transactions
• Fundamentals of Title Insurance
• When in Doubt, Disclose; Practical Considerations for Drafting and Negotiating the Commercial Contract
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University, (J.D., cum laude, 2002)
New York University, (B.A., cum laude, 1999)
Selected to New Jersey
Super Lawyers Rising Stars
Related News & Events
- A.Y. Strauss Attorneys Eric H. Horn, Aaron Y. Strauss, Heike M. Vogel and Kory Ann Ferro Included in 2023 Best Lawyers® Lists
- A.Y. Strauss Attorneys Aaron Y. Strauss, Heike M. Vogel and Kory Ann Ferro Included in 2022 Best Lawyers® Lists
- Aaron Strauss Featured as Guest on “Spill the Ink” Podcast on Law Firm Management & Marketing