Jordan M. Engelhardt
Jordan M. Engelhardt is a partner in the Firm’s Litigation practice, where he represents clients across a range of industries in commercial litigation and intellectual property matters. His clients have included major pharmaceutical and medical device companies, financial institutions such as hedge funds and insurers, and high net worth individuals.
For these clients, Jordan has handled a broad array of disputes ranging from highly complex financial services litigation, to federal antitrust defense, to disputes involving patent infringement and licensing. In addition, he is well versed in emergency court procedures, having secured expedited relief for both businesses and individuals in their most pressing and sensitive matters. A skilled and versatile attorney, Jordan has experience in federal and state courts, administrative agency matters, and alternative dispute resolution.
Jordan has also written extensively on intellectual property issues and on commercial litigation in New York. His work on high-impact patent law questions has been featured in multiple publications, and his writing on commercial litigation issues has been published in a treatise and law journals. Jordan has also co-authored several amicus briefs in matters before the United States Supreme Court.
In the Media
- Co-author, “New York Commercial Division Practice Guide, Chapter III: Rules of the Commercial Division,” Bloomberg (2019 edition)
- Co-author, “Federal Circuit Strikes Down Diagnostic Patent in Latest § 101 Decision,” IP Litigator, Volume 25, Number 2 (March/April 2019)
- Co-author, “PTAB and Bar Prepare for Aftermath of Supreme Court’s SAS Decision,” IP Litigator, Volume 24, Number 4 (July/August 2018)
- Co-author, “Beyond the Presumption Against Extraterritoriality,” Intellectual Property Magazine (August 22, 2018)
- Co-author, “Fed. Circ. Case May Change Biosimilar IPR Strategy,” Law360 (April 2018)
- Co-author, “First, Second Departments Split on What Is Considered ‘Documentary Evidence’,” New York Law Journal (December 2017)
- Co-author, “Long-Arm Jurisdiction in a Post-Daimler Era,” Law360 (January 2017)
- CLE Presenter, “Litigation Nut & Bolts: Pleadings in Federal and State Court” (Feb. 2021)
- Speaker, “Working with Expert Witnesses,” Fordham University School of Law, Commercial Litigation course (Fall 2019)
- CLE Presenter, The Legal Aid Society Bronx Juvenile Rights Practice Deposition Training (June 2016)
- Panel Member, “The Financial Reporting and Audit Task Force – The SEC Goes Back to the Future,” New York City Bar Association (April 2016)
Cornell Law School, (J.D., cum laude, 2009)
Cornell Law Review
University of Pennsylvania, (B.A., summa cum laude, 2006)
United States District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts
U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court