Kory Ann Ferro
Kory Ann Ferro is an associate at A.Y. Strauss in the Commercial Litigation department. She has an extensive background representing lending institutions in foreclosure proceedings and commercial litigation, including contract disputes and employment claims. Kory Ann routinely represents clients in pre-litigation negotiation, filing pleadings, motion practice, mediation, settlement negotiations, and trial. An empathetic advisor, Kory Ann takes a meticulous approach to preparation and case management, determined to obtain the best possible outcome for her clients.
Previously, Kory Ann was an associate at a premier litigation firm where she practiced in the areas of commercial litigation, foreclosure, collections, and family law. Before entering private practice, she held a clerkship with the Hon. Margaret M. Hayden in the Appellate Division of the Superior Court of New Jersey.
During law school, Ferro received the Justice Henry Ackerson Jr. Prize for the greatest distinction in legal skills as well as the Anthony Englebrecht Prize for the highest grade point average during the final year of law school. In addition to achieving academic excellence, she served as Managing Editor of the Rutgers Law Review and began honing her legal advocacy skills through participation in the Child Advocacy Clinic, the Urban Legal Clinic, and the Domestic Violence Advocacy Project. She also served as an Executive Member of the Moot Court Board, and as Justice (president) of the Phi Alpha Delta Mock Trial Team which placed first in a national competition and was awarded best advocate and prosecution team awards. In addition, she served as a member of the Rutgers National Mock Trial Team which appeared in the National Trial Competition Finals and was awarded an American College of Trial Lawyers Medallion for Excellence in Trial Advocacy.
Honors & Accolades
- “Ones to Watch, Commercial Litigation,” Best Lawyers, 2021
- “Rising Star,” Super Lawyers, 2018 and 2019
- Bergen’s “Top Lawyers,” (201) Magazine, 2018, 2019, and 2020
- “Top 10 under 40,” National Academy of Family Law Attorneys (NAFLA), 2019
- American College of Trial Lawyers Medallion for Excellence in Trial Advocacy, 2013
Professional & Civic Affiliations
New Jersey State Bar Association
Bergen County Bar Association
Barry Croland Family Law American Inn of Court
In the Media
- “New Child Support Statute, Disabled Children, and Protection Access to Benefits,” The New Jersey Law Journal, May 15, 2017
- The New Child Support Statute, What Does it All Mean?, Bergen County Bar Association, 2017
Rutgers University School of Law, (J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2013)
Managing Editor of the Rutgers Law Review
Temple University, (B.A., summa cum laude, 2008)
U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
Related News & Events
- Representing an individual named as a defendant in an employment law litigation, Kelly M. Purcaro and Kory Ann Ferro prevailed on a Motion to Dismiss the plaintiff’s claims of tortious interference with an employment contract and defamation filed in New Jersey State Court. Thereafter, the litigation duo defeated a subsequent Motion for Reconsideration and then a Motion for Leave to Appeal filed in the New Jersey Appellate Division.
- A.Y. Strauss Attorneys Brett Buterick, Kory Ann Ferro and Evan Goldman Named 2021 New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- Associate Kory Ann Ferro Named a 2020 Bergen County Top Lawyer by BERGEN Magazine