Maria A.G. Harper
Maria A.G. Harper is an associate at A.Y. Strauss in the Litigation practice group. Previously, she clerked for Judge Bonnie J. Mizdol, A.J.S.C., of the Bergen County Superior Court, and was a law clerk and paralegal at a prominent northern New Jersey firm.
Maria receives high praise from her colleagues and clients alike, with one client stating, “In an area where ethics and the simple art of compassion are paramount [Maria] surpassed my expectations and renewed my faith in lawyers.”
During law school, Maria worked for the Civil Litigation Clinic at the Seton Hall Law Center for Social Justice and for the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit of the New Jersey Office of the Attorney General, Division of Criminal Justice.
- Represented an individual in a contempt matter in New Jersey Superior Court and secured a favorable plea agreement on the client’s behalf.
Honors, Awards & Recognitions
- Semifinalist, National Bar Association Uvaldo Moot Court Competition, 2018
- Best Brief in Appellate Advocacy, written on behalf of a petitioner on an issue pertaining to Article III of the U.S. Constitution
- Bergen County Bar Association Scholarship
Professional & Civic Activities
- Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey
- Seton Hall University School of Law Interscholastic Moot Court Board, coach
- Juvenile Justice Advocates, volunteer
Seton Hall University School of Law, (J.D., 2020)
Montclair State University, (B.A., magna cum laude, 2015)
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit