Michael P. Morrow
Michael P. Morrow is a partner at A.Y. Strauss with significant experience advising clients in complex commercial real estate transactions and commercial financings. Michael has represented clients in the purchase, sale, disposition, and development of hotels, solar farms, office buildings, warehouses, and retail centers.
Michael also has extensive experience in corporate bankruptcy. He has represented New Jersey, New York, and Delaware business entities and trustees throughout the bankruptcy process. He has also represented borrowers and lenders in commercial loan workouts.
Prior to joining A.Y. Strauss, Michael was a partner in the Princeton office of a mid-sized New Jersey-based firm where he primarily represented lenders in secured lending transactions. Prior to this role, Michael served as an associate handling bankruptcy matters at a boutique firm.
Associations, Memberships & Affiliations
- Board Member, JFCS of Mercer (New Jersey) and Bucks County (Pennsylvania)
- Board Member, Executive Committee, Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation, Philadelphia Chapter
- Board Member, The Morrow Foundation
- Former Board Member, Executive Counsel, Dickinson College, Philadelphia Region
- Former Chairman, Real Estate Committee, Mercer County Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
Representative Matters and Significant Transactions
- Represented a real estate holding company in the $27 million acquisition of a land purchase for development of warehouses in Freehold, New Jersey.
- Represented a real estate holding company in a $20 million construction loan to add 160,000 square feet to its warehouse in Roxbury, New Jersey.
- Represented a textile company in a $50 million refinance of its warehouse/office building including a $23 million line of credit.
- Represented a private lender in a $14 million loan secured by a warehouse in Millville, New Jersey.
- Represented a private equity firm in all transactional matters relating to its New Jersey real estate portfolio consisting of approximately 350 properties.
- Represented numerous mortgage servicers in the sale of distressed real estate assets.
- Represented a New Jersey-based bank in the sale of branches acquired following its merger.
- Represented a solar developer in the leasehold acquisition of land and membership interest purchase in New Jersey.