Pomy Ketema is special counsel at A.Y. Strauss. She advises on corporate matters relating to transaction negotiation and structuring, contract drafting, issuance of opinions, regulatory compliance, and tax optimization.
Pomy represents founders, investors, companies and lenders in M&A and finance transactions, and has substantial experience with acquisitions, divestitures, and joint ventures in both domestic and foreign markets. She has served as international legal counsel on projects involving expansions outside the U.S. In that capacity, she helped clients navigate the regulatory environment in foreign jurisdictions and harmonize their operations to be in compliance with U.S. law.
Her prior roles include serving as Counsel at Baker & McKenzie, LLP, Senior Counsel at Koch Industries, Inc., and as a Senior Associate at Dorsey & Whitney, LLP.
- Represented a buyer in connection with the acquisition of general partner interests in investment funds
- Represented the majority shareholder of multiple companies selling their assets, working through delicate issues in co-ownership agreements
- Represented the founder of a business in selling a minority stake in his company
- Advised on the structure of a lending transaction with a commitment exceeding $100 million and issued an opinion regarding its treatment under U.S. federal law
- Advised a medical equipment start-up as it was being acquired by one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world in a deal involving a combination of cash and earn-outs valued at $150 million
- Provided counsel to a multinational company on a series of acquisitions involving seed technology companies
- Provided regulatory guidance to a U.S. financial company as it established its fintech operations in a foreign jurisdiction
University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management (Master of Business Taxation (M.B.T.), 2001)
University of Minnesota Law School (J.D., Cum Laude, 1999)
University of St. Thomas (B.A., Cum Laude, 1994)