Sara Saylor Ho
Sara S. Ho represents clients in a wide range of real estate matters, including joint ventures, financings, investment sales and acquisitions, secondary market debt acquisitions/dispositions, developments, leasing, loan workouts, public/private projects and assisting in real estate-related litigation matters.
Prior to joining A.Y. Strauss, Sara was special counsel in the real estate practice at an Am Law 100 firm based in New York.
Acquisitions/Dispositions, Joint Ventures, and Development
- Represented a prominent New York City developer in various acquisitions, joint ventures, financing and development of multiple luxury residential condominium developments throughout New York City and Florida, including the tallest residential tower in Manhattan.
- Represented various investors, including large platform investors and small family run businesses, in the acquisition, development or re-development and leasing of various commercial properties in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Florida, Texas and North Carolina, including the joint venture structuring between investor groups.
- Represented investors in acquiring the fee interest of ground leases to various operations such as telephone companies and hotels, as well as the financing.
- Represented a China-based developer in the development of a premiere hotel and casino resort on the island of Tinian in the U.S. Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
- Advised parties on the redemption of partnership interests and the work-out of joint venture and partnership disputes at certain properties under development.
- Represented governmental and church entities in the disposition of various real estate assets to developers.
- Represented various New York City landlords in leasing office space, ground floor retail/restaurants and prominent shopping centers throughout the city, the tri-state area and Florida, including anchor tenant leases.
- Represented one of the largest private tenants in New York City real estate in various office leases in the city and throughout the US.
- Represented a major box retailer in connection with the acquisition or ground leasing of various sites in the Northeast, through the development and opening thereof.
Real Estate Finance
- Represented major hedge funds and alternative investment platforms in connection with originating mezzanine debt, as well as restructuring loans in default, including acquiring senior debt and/or the properties.
- Represented various banks as acquisition lenders, construction lenders and in multiple refinancings of commercial real estate projects throughout the US, including secured mezzanine and mortgage financings.
- Represented various entities in the buying, selling and financing of iconic New York City buildings in and around the World Trade Center, Times Square and Hudson Yards.
Brooklyn Law School
(J.D., summa cum laude, 2008)
New York University
(B.A., cum laude, 2005)