Aaron Y. Strauss, Esq.
Aaron Y. Strauss is one of the leading legal advisors in the commercial real estate industry, providing insight and guidance for billions worth of transactions during his career. As our firm’s founder and managing partner, he has positioned A.Y. Strauss as one of the region’s most respected law firms for commercial real estate owners, lenders and sponsors, serving the needs of our clients with the utmost in care, integrity and transparency.
Aaron is responsible for establishing the firm’s long-term strategy and vision, overseeing a culture of excellence that recruits, retains and supports a nationally-recognized team of attorneys. He has been honored as a Rising Star leading practitioner in commercial real estate law for the past several years by Super Lawyers Magazine™, an accolade reserved for only the top 2.5% percent of attorneys nationwide.
Prior to A.Y. Strauss, Aaron practiced for several years at the international law firm of Kelley, Drye & Warren LLP, headquartered in New York and at Riker, Danzig, Scherer, Hyland & Perretti LLP, based in Morristown, New Jersey.
Representative Matters and Significant Transactions
• Sale of a Florham Park development site to the New York Jets
• Purchase of 37 Toys ‘R Us Stores by Vornado Realty Trust for $171 million
• Completion of a $70 million multi-phase loan from MetLife to a regional developer
• Sale of Loehmann’s Plaza shopping center in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn
Professional and Civic Activities
• UJA in New York and New Jersey
• AIPAC Washington Club
• American Friends of the IDF and American Friends of Rabin Medical Center in Tel Aviv, Israel
• United Jewish Federation of MetroWest
• Schiff Natural Land Trust
• Congregation AABJ&D in West Orange
• Family Service of Morristown
• Housing Partnership of New Jersey
• State of Israel Bonds Young Leadership Committee
• Defining Characteristics of Consummate Dealmakers
• Streamlining the Closing Process: Rules for Managing Transactions
• Fundamentals of Title Insurance
• When in Doubt, Disclose; Practical Considerations for Drafting and Negotiating the Commercial Contract
New York University, (B.A., cum laude, 1999)